Saturday, August 14, 2010

Been Awhile! VENTING TONIGHT

It's been awhile since I've posted on here. Sorry, it's been a crazy few days! Our family is going through some changes, some could be major and some not as much. It's not really anything bad (although some family would probably say different). It's just changes.

Alot of this time has been waiting for answers to some rather important questions. We have gotten many of our answers but then as those answers came, more questions came, so we wait for even more answers. It seems never ending to say the least. It also seems as though, one answer hinges upon another answer. UGH! Frustrating isn't even the word for it all!

But in the midst of all of the never ending wait, I have God to thank for my children and my husband. We are all fine and healthy (except a little g-tube trouble for Arlyn), we have each other, and our friends. God Is Good!

Now My Vent.....
I really don't know where to start, this issue has been an issue for quite some time.
FAMILY!!!
Yes! Family! It never ceases to amaze me how sometimes family has your back and can be such great support but man, when they don't agree with your choices!!! WATCH OUT!

My family is well, not so enthused with our choice of adding more children to our family. They love the kids and give them attention but to keep adopting more, they just don't get it. I know that some mean well. They just don't want us to be overwhelmed, but some are just plain hurtful and jealous!!!

Why do I think they are jealous?? Because I'm the type of person that will set my goal and strive til I reach it! I don't ever back down from a challenge! Especially if someone tries to hinder my goal or just tells me that I can't do it! I just don't think that certain family members like that about me. I have a spine and I for sure have a mouth! LOL

If you can't already tell, this has been a hot subject for me! hehe In my case the "hot" subject is adoption but in many other peoples lives its many other things. Wether it's your lifestyle, what car you buy or home, how you parent, your religion, and so on. It just seems that you cannot please every loved one and you certainly shouldn't live your life to their expectations or wishes.

That wouldn't even be your life that you are living!! Now, don't get me wrong, I definately have my opinions about how some of my loved ones live and the choices that they make. But the difference here is that I don't set out to hinder or hurt their life choices. Unfortuately some do! :(

Ok, this rant is almost over! haha But I leave with this..... IF God didn't want our family to adopt anymore children then WHY has he made it possible for many and I do mean MANY, potential placements come our way within the last 3-4 months??? I have never felt so honored and blessed. Alot of these potential children would have been a wonderful addition but alas, they just weren't meant for us. But it is humbling to have so many social workers(who see many families on paper) pick our family out of many, to be in the "top pick" for these special children!!

I have to think that we are doing something right. I have to believe that it's not luck but His will for us! I have to just ignore the undesirable intentions and thoughts of some and step out on my faith that I am doing what He wants me to do. Maybe someday, people will be more accepting and understanding. Maybe someone will see our family and its make-up and really appreciate what God has blessed us with AND maybe just maybe, some may see that adoption is a gift and that they can be just as blessed as we are. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you. My husband's side of the family have completely disappeared from our lives. They didn't want us to do any of the adoptions, but got increasingly hard to deal with as we continue to do what God wants us to do. They don't view the children to all be their grandchildren and sure the heck didn't treat them the same. We said they had to treat them all the same or none at all. They picked "none at all". roflol

    Many people ask us why we keep adopting or if we are 'done yet'. I have to explain that when God doesn't have more of my children out there waiting for me, then I will stop. I will not stop as long as my heart tells me that I have children that are not home yet.

    We too have been picked over and over in miraculous ways. Five of my kids are kids that I didn't even know about to send in homestudies on. Julianne had 50 families that we were picked from to be her parents. God's blessings are abundant and they are available for all who will receive them.

    ReplyDelete