Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Don't Miss Me

I am leaving tomorrow for Kentucky as I have 2 loved ones ill with cancer. One is a great aunt whom I have just begun to get to know and one is an uncle who has been in my life since I was born. My great aunt is at "end stage" lung cancer and pretty weak. My uncle has esophageal cancer and although not "end stage" he is very weak as well and I'm not sure how his radiation will affect him.

I am blessed with my wonderful husband and my mother in law, as they take over "mommy duty" for me for the next week. I cannot even begin to thank them and show them the appreciation that I feel for giving me this chance to go be with my family that I barely get to see.

I think that as you get older and wiser! LOL That you come to appreciate your "elder family members". You really understand what it means to spend as much time as you can with them, especially as some of them begin to pass away. I am VERY guilty of "puting off" visits and just not thinking how valuable this time is with loved ones. It does really go by so quickly.

Even though family is so hard to love sometimes, they are still family! Right! So I will be gone for about a week and probably won't have much internet time down there. I'm sure though, when I return, I will have much to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment