Saturday, June 26, 2010

Today Was A Nice Day

Today was one of those days that you think, "UGH! Today is gonna STINK" and the reason for such a reaction is, that my husbands uncle is passing away and I'm afraid very soon. He has been ill for awhile but now, the nursing home staff feels like this is his final days. So, it's been an emotional day for my husband.

But.. as the day passed, Jamie(dear hubby), started telling me stories of his uncle and just remembering the good times and fond memories. I could tell that this was helping him cope and it also opened up a conversation about God and our family.

Jamie and I are united in our beliefs but up until this point, we differ in our desire for a church home. Jamie grew up in the Lutheran church and as you know, I, just a few years ago, became confirmed in the Lutheran faith as well.

He has never wanted to veer from what he "knows as normal" church practice and routine. I on the other hand, have found a comfort in a non-denomonational church. We are both fine with what we like and it's never been a problem. But today as we talked, he did express an interest in "trying" out my church!!! I am thrilled!!! I have longed for him to express an interest! But I know that he has to want it, not me! So when he is ready, and I pray that is soon, I will introduce him to my church.

Today also brought about a conversation between us about some big events coming soon in our family. Although, we are scared, we know that God is leading us through this and will deliver us on the other side. HE will give us the grace and strength that we will need to take on this special blessing. We must trust in HIM and that HE knows best! It was funny though, I guess I am the one that usually sits and "DWELLS" on everything and I really don't feel that Jamie does. So I thought!!! He has brought up this "event" more today that I ever thought he would! I guess I shouldn't assume, should I! LOL

So as I close, I'm asking for prayers for Monday. Monday will be the beginning of our big event and it will pretty much direct us in the path that God has chosen for us. Either way that this path leads us will be great, but if you have a minute a prayer would be appreciated. As we see our path unveil on Monday, I will fill you all in a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment