Saturday, July 10, 2010

Anyone Awake??

At 4:35am??? Well, I am and I just got done mopping my kitchen floor! This is the second night in a row that I cannot sleep. When this occures it usually means I'm stressed about something. Hate to say but I am...

I guess my question is...How far do we go to accomodate our special needs kids?

It seems simple, we would do anything right?? But just think about it, if you have a child in a wheelchair, that needs a main level bedroom, a full bathroom, and space for all of the equipment that the child may need(wheelchair, stander, mats, etc.), and your current home is just not cutting it, what would you do? First you think of trying to modify your home, but when that may be impossible, then you think of a new home. But what if that seems impossible? Many people in this economy cannot just go out and buy a new home.

That's where we are at! Purchasing a new home is just not possible for us right now and our current home, although spacious and beautiful, just cannot be modified the way we need. So what do we do? this would not have been a problem a few months ago as Arlyn is still so tiny and she will be able to be carried up and down stairs for quite sometime. BUT.. we have a "pending" adoption of baby boy that is already 3 and 25 pounds and very stiff with Cerebral Palsy. This is where the "panic mode" kicks in!

I am clumsy enough as it is and I tend to fall down stairs very well by myself. *SIGH*
I panic bringing Arlyn down, so bringing baby boy down! Really scares me!

But God has intervened, I think, and brought us a new situation, a new home. One that will work for our family, one that has the right amount of bedrooms and bathrooms, one that has "extra" space for our kids that we don't have currently. This home also has a pool that I feel would be good therapy for Arlyn and baby boy!

So what's the problem? It's not in our town, it's upheaving my family once more to a new location, it's still in a neighborhood and I sooo long for country, it's scary to be in a small town that you have never lived in before! This home is about 35 minutes from our town so it's not like it's on the other side of the world but still it's not here.

So what do we do??? I am at a loss. My husband is at a loss and now I'm losing sleep over it. It's times like these that I would love for someone to just tell us the right decision. But I know someone will, GOD! I am trying to listen, but listening is so hard sometimes!

So I ask for prayers, as I sure do need them for guidance and a clear head, and SLEEP!!!!

Thanks for reading and listening to me whine a little in these wee hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment