Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Mixed Bag Of Nuts

Yes, this post is a mixed bag of nuts.


There are a few things on my mind and this is going to be a post of them. Today is Jamie and I's 15th anniversary. WOW! 15 years! We had some say that we wouldn't make it 6 months! Guess the joke's on them!! We were supposed to be at a luxury hotel with our own private pool tonight but family comes first. Jamie's uncle passed away a couple of days ago and today was the viewing and tomorrow is the funeral, hubby is a paw bearer(sp?) and that is more important.




We also have a sick little princess tonight as Arlyn has a tummy bug again but she's in good spirits, so we are thatnkful for that. So we will just have a belated anniversary sometime this month. I am just greatful for the time I got to spend with Jamie today. I am such a blessed woman to have such a devoted, tolerant, loving husband. The poor man does up with alot! :)




Next Topic


Discipline!!! I have 2 kiddos close in age, Lelah 10 and Kaden 9(well almost). They can be the best of buds or they can be the worst enemies. Their favorite past time is tattling on each other and it drives me NUTS!!!!!


So today as always here they come, to tattle. Well, Lelah has a little habit of jsut doing things nad I quote "Cause I want to"!! Yes, rules do not apply some days to her because I guess I missed the memo that she is the boss!


Kaden on the other hand, has a nasty habit of tormenting the cat and his younger brother Alex. So today I thought I would give them a dose of reality. I went into their rooms and dumped all of their clothes out of their dressers, just threw them on the floor. WHY???? Because I wanted to!!!!




Oh, the look of disgust on their faces was priceless! They spent quite a bit of time folding and puting all of it away, and then I said "I might jsut have to do that again cause breaking rules are fun"!!! Let's just say they are not happy and I think they are fretting that I might just do it again! ;)




Last Topic(I think)


I promised that I would fess up to what was going on this past Monday when I knew more. So Here goes.. We were being considered for a sibling group of 3 boys, ages 3(twins) and 10 months. It was a close and tough decision we were told by our worker but we are the "backup" family. If for some reason, the chosen family cannot proceed then we will be called. We were ok with the decision as we know God has a plan. We do have a few more kids that we are being considered for and I am sure that God will lead us to our child. I am just glad that these precious boys have found their family.




I have a couple pics to share tonight. First is jamie and i today on our anniversary. We tried to take the picture with Jamies phone so its the best we could do.


The other is our anniversary cake that I made for us, strawberry poke cake! Yum! Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I like the clothes thing!!! I will HAVE to remember that one!! BWHAAAAAA!!!!

    Happy, happy anniversary:)

    ReplyDelete