Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Fight of Our Lives: Alex

Alex's adoption tested our faith in God and even though I was not even a very religous person at that time but it was the hand of God that lead me through the battlefield.



When we got "the call" for Alex, the social worker said "There is an expectant mom due soon
but its a boy are you interested"? (oh yeah, I wanted a girl) But I said "yes" and I meant it! I was thrilled! Then the next words out of her mouth is "Well he was born today"!! "I wanted to test you to see if you were genuine about adopting a boy"! The next day I was on my way to Columbus to meet Alex's birthmom and to meet hopefully, our new son. The meeting went really well, and "M" was just like an old frien, we just clicked. I got the pleasure of having that first visit all to myself as Jamie had to work and it was blissful!


Seven days later we brought our son home. Alex was a true blessing and our first newborn adoption. As he grew, we cherished every moment. Then, the most aweful thing of all things happend. Someone called our adoption agency and told the most hideous of lies. Now let me backtrack just a tad. We were pursuing another adoption while in the process of adopting Alex. There were a few people that were not thrilled with this idea(ex friends) so they took it upon themselves to try to stop the other adoption. But they inadvertantly put Alex's adoption in jeopardy. We spent the next several months fighting all of the accusation and proving our innocense.




We were told by social workers "You will NEVER adopt Alex"! "We are going to make sure he is taken from you"! Your family will NEVER adopt again"!! I have to say that when you hear these comments coming from people that DO have the power to take your children from you, it shakes you to the core! Everyday I just watched my son play and laugh and do amazing baby cutesy things and think "How can they take him away"? "If they were here right now, they would see how much we love him"! Jamie and I cried everyday for about 5 months as we fought for our son. The only thing I had left to cling onto was God! I just felt in my gut that he could never do this to us! He knew we were innocent! He knew that we loved our son! He knew how we cherished all of our children!



The day finally came for our court date to finalize Alex's adoption and we were terrified that the judge would not allow it to happen. But God showed Himself that day and touched hearts in that courtroom and we finalized our son! FINALLY, WE COULD BREATH!!!!!!!! He was ours forever! No one could take him! Alex is now almost 4 and he is the most animated, caring, funny little guy you will ever meet! I do believe he is related to the Tazmanian Devil! Hyper active is not the word! I really don't know what is, Cyclone comes to mind! Enjoy our Alex!











No comments:

Post a Comment