Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today I'm Thankful!

Many of you don't know the struggle of raising our son Alex. Not the adoption nightmare I have already wrote about but our daily struggles with him. Due to Alex's birth history, he has obstacles to overcome as he grows. This last year has been has been a painful year as we watch our son try to cope with day to day life. When you watch your child not be able to control impulses and lead a "normal" toddler life, you realize how much you feel their pain and just want to "make them better".

But it's not that easy. I have cried many days, and just want to scream in frustration!


It came to a point that we needed professional help and we are working hard at helping our precious son. It has not been easy and it is definately a trial and error sort of thing BUT......Today I am thankful for THIS!!!!


He sleeps! Yes, he sleeps! This week has been one of those hard weeks with him and nap time has taken hours if any at all to achieve. Not today, he sleeps, and quickly I might add! It gives me hope that we may be on the right track. It gives me hope that he may be able to lead a "normal" life and play with his siblings! It's a small step and tomorrow may be different but I have HOPE today!

2 comments:

  1. They always are angelic when they sleep. :) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is lucky to have such great parents!

    ReplyDelete